Sunday, February 5, 2012

So, What Do You Do....

....when you realize that no matter what you do now, it will never be what you wanted for your life when you were younger? When you realize that all the things that you thought possible 10 years ago are now way beyond your reach. When you suddenly open your eyes and go, "where did I take the wrong turn?".

How do you change the things that you're sure can't be changed? How do you start fresh with all your dreams without feeling a sense of loss for the ones that are discarded? How do you change your expectations? Change your goals? Change the picture in your mind that tells you how things should be or are...and be ok with it, be happy with what you have, not expect more or be unhappy with what you can accomplish?

These are all things that run through my mind at night when I try to sleep...or when I wake up and can't fall back asleep in the middle of the night...my brain just doesn't seem to know that I can only process so much at a time. My brain needs to keep going to process things I suppose, but my mind just can't sometimes.

O well, back to life and dealing with all the little things that make my day crazy and interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment